PCHP are running some Walk Leader training for anyone wanting to become a walk volunteer. The training will be run by a Paths for All trainer and will be on Monday 26th Sept 10 till 4pm. The training is FREE, but requires some commitment to volunteer afterwards. I attach some information about the course and a registration form.
PCHP are running a new pilot walking group with NW Carers and are looking for willing volunteers to help lead walks with people who are affected by dementia. There will be additional training in dementia for those who wish to become walk leaders with this project.
Here is the Course Overview for the walk leader training.
A one day course to enable volunteers to lead safe and effective Health Walks in a community setting as part of a Health Walk Project.
After attending this course, you will be able to
- Outline the main benefits to be gained from becoming more active
- Recognise moderate intensity physical activity
- Be able to describe a Health Walk and know what makes a suitable route for a Health Walk
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of a Walk Leader
- Have an understanding of risk assessment and recognise potential hazards on a Health Walk.
Please contact Clare Symonds at email@example.com or 0131 551 1671 for a place.
Development worker – Physical Activity
Pilton Community Health Project
73 Boswall Parkway
0131 551 1671