Being a Christian means being on a journey with God, both through our own experience of him and that recorded in the bible.
This week as a congregation we are all going to travel together through the experience of John’s father Zechariah.
Each day, take some time to read this passage and ask yourself the following questions.
Don’t rush but find a place where you can really have a think about them.
God bless you in your journey this week.
This week's passage is Luke Chapter 1, verses 39 - 45 Mary visits Elizabeth
(39) Mary didn’t waste a minute. She got up and traveled to a town in Judah in the hill country,
(40) straight to Zachariah’s house, and greeted Elizabeth.
(41) When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby in her womb leaped. She was filled with the Holy Spirit,
(42) and sang out exuberantly, You’re so blessed among women, and the babe in your womb, also blessed!
(43) And why am I so blessed that the mother of my Lord visits me?
(44) The moment the sound of your greeting entered my ears, The babe in my womb skipped like a lamb for sheer joy.
(45) Blessed woman, who believed what God said, believed every word would come true!
Luke 1:39-45 (Translation, The Message)
Q1 – Can you count and name your blessing?
Q2 – What blessing do you recognise in others?
Q3 – Why do you think God would bless you?
Q4 – How many of God’s promises can you remember?
Q5 – What does it mean to believe God?