Being a Christian means being on a journey with God, both through our own experience of him and that recorded in the bible.
This week as a congregation we are all going to travel together through the experience of John’s father Zechariah.
Each day, take some time to read this passage and ask yourself the following questions.
Don’t rush but find a place where you can really have a think about them.
God bless you in your journey this week.
This week's passage is Luke Chapter 1, verses 67 - 80
(67) Then Zachariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied,
(68) Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; he came and set his people free.
(69) He set the power of salvation in the centre of our lives, and in the very house of David his servant,
(70) Just as he promised long ago through the preaching of his holy prophets:
(71) Deliverance from our enemies and every hateful hand;
(72) Mercy to our fathers, as he remembers to do what he said he’d do,
(73) What he swore to our father Abraham—
(74) a clean rescue from the enemy camp, So we can worship him without a care in the world,
(75) made holy before him as long as we live.
(76) And you, my child, “Prophet of the Highest,” will go ahead of the Master to prepare his ways,
(77) Present the offer of salvation to his people, the forgiveness of their sins.
(78) Through the heartfelt mercies of our God, God’s Sunrise will break in upon us,
(79) Shining on those in the darkness, those sitting in the shadow of death, Then showing us the way, one foot at a time, down the path of peace.
(80) The child grew up, healthy and spirited. He lived out in the desert until the day he made his prophetic debut in Israel.