Being a Christian means being on a journey with God, both through our own experience of him and that recorded in the bible.
This week as a congregation we are all going to travel together through the experience of John’s father Zechariah.
Each day, take some time to read this passage and ask yourself the following questions.
Don’t rush but find a place where you can really have a think about them.
God bless you in your journey this week.
(1) About that time Caesar Augustus ordered a census to be taken throughout the Empire.
(2) This was the first census when Quirinius was governor of Syria.
(3) Everyone had to travel to his own ancestral hometown to be accounted for.
(4) So Joseph went from the Galilean town of Nazareth up to Bethlehem in Judah, David’s town, for the census. As a descendant of David, he had to go there.
(5) He went with Mary, his fiancée, who was pregnant.
(6) While they were there, the time came for her to give birth.
(7) She gave birth to a son, her firstborn. She wrapped him in a blanket and laid him in a manger, because there was no room in the hostel.
Q1 Where do you have to go that you would rather not?
Q2 Jesus complicated his parents lives. How do you
react to him?
Q3 Who is Jesus to you?
Q4 How do you show the hope of Christmas?
Q5 How are you going to keep Christmas fresh?