After around 40 years doing one of the key jobs in the church, Irene Macpherson is ready to hand over the diary to someone else. Irene, who has been looking after hall bookings and dealing with everyone who uses the halls, will be missed, and we as a congregation want to thank her enormously for the work that she has done, most of which goes unseen!
There will be an opportunity to thank Irene at the service on Sunday 5th February.
The work has to go on, and we are looking for someone to handle our hall bookings. Some of the tasks of the role include….
- Administer annual renewals for regular non-church users
- Ensure church diary is kept up to date (either in person or by passing details to Communications Convener)
- Administer incidental (one-off) bookings
- Receive enquiries
- Arrange viewing of halls if required
- Arrange for halls to be opened up and locked up after events
- Pass details of expected payment to Finance Convener
If you are interested, or would like to nominate someone that could do the job, please speak to one of the Kirk Session’s Employment Sub-group – Norman, Linda, Alan, Anne, Chas.