“LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS”
Do you want to see churches across the city open their doors, welcoming the city in?
Cutting Edge Theatre is producing a large scale community wide project, telling the Easter story in “real time” over the Easter weekend. It aims to be 63 continuous hours of artistic expression of the story.
They need your help! Here are some ways you can be involved:
1. Sign up to be one of the places of worship that opens their door for an hour of silence on the Saturday 6pm. April 11th. We are encouraging churches simply to open their doors so that people can come in and just quietly sit without worrying if they will have to do anything. It’s not a service. You could put on tea/coffee. Could be for people who have been bereaved or simply for those who just want 5 minutes peace. DEADLINE TO REGISTER – 28th February. Interested? Speak to Chas.
2. We need people to be part of the community cast – no experience needed. Just turn up to rehearsals which are every Thursday evening, 7pm at Edinburgh Elim Church, 18 Morningside Road. EH10 4DB. We desperately need people for this.
3. We need volunteers to help steward at different events. People can sign up/express interest by emailing email@example.com
4. There will be a number of informal walks:
– the walk to the cross on the Friday [venue to be confirmed]
– the walk to Easter Road Stadium on the Sunday
These cannot be city wide walks so we are simply encouraging groups and churches to walk to these venues.
We will need all the help we can get! People can volunteer to be part of the co-ordinating team which works on the logistics, fundraising, practical help.
We really need your prayers. It is getting increasingly challenging to be able to tell the Christian story publicly. We want this to be an amazing event that is for EVERYONE!
The website is www.edinburghpassion.com
If you need more information, contact Suzanne through firstname.lastname@example.org