To encourage the development of World Mission (WM) team building and engagement with WM activities within all congregations across Presbytery, the Edinburgh Presbytery’s WM Committee in partnership with the WM Council and other agencies will be holding a World Mission Fair on Saturday, 20 June from 10am until 12noon at Polwarth Parish Church.
The idea is to have representative congregations who do have good working teams to be available to show what they do and answer any questions as to how they work, and giving advice on how to begin. The Council will be present to show what different ways congregations can be involved in their work without a necessary commitment to either finance or large numbers of personnel.
Those taking part will be:
- World Mission Council – a general display of how congregations can get involved.
- Carrick Knowe Church – how to form a World Mission Team
- Polwarth Church – informal project in Zambia, Christian Aid,
- St Andrew’s & St George’s West Church – informal partnership in Malawi.
- Inverleith St Serf’s Church – award-winning Fairtrade; twinning in Europe
- International Students – an introduction to participating in this work in Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh Presbytery WM Committee – postcards, reports, and how we can support.
We ask each congregation to send a small deputation to take back information and ideas.
Polwarth Church is on the 10 & 27 bus route with stops at the church.
Parking if free around the church on a Saturday.
We can also be easily access by the canal towpath.